Sunday, February 01, 2009

A Melody Moment...

Every thing that kids do are always counted as special times. For a mother, it never gets old and it is always surprising when they do something that has been done before. Though all the kids in the world have done it, it is surprising when Melody does something unexpected.

Today, twice, she said "mama." Though she's not my first child, it is always shocking and with great gratitude I thank god for the beautiful life I am able to raise. She's growing up and it is somewhat of a bittersweet moment when your baby starts talking and you realize that your baby is not a baby anymore.

Charlie is talking a lot more now, and is so smart that he can read upper and lower case letters. He knows how to spell some words and I am truly amazed. Alan understands a lot now, and can tell us what he wants when he wants it. Today, he did not want to wear a polo shirt to church, he wanted his new nice clothes.

As my children get older, it pains me to know that they know more and become so independent that they forget about mom and dad. It happens though. Today my baby said mama and it's a great thing and soon she'll be like Charlie trying to figure out more words.

On another note, Josh and I have just celebrated our 9th year of being together. Not a wedding anniversary, which our eighth is coming up, but nine years of being us. I can't believe that it is getting near to a decade since he and I have been together. It makes me happy because though we have our ups and downs we have made it to nine years of not ever breaking up. It has been tough but we have worked through it and are moving forward. We look to a brighter future, though it's quite nice right now, we can't wait to see what is in store for us.

We have gone through many things and we are still together. We feel very blessed to have made it this far as we have seen some of our friends divorce and give up on the thing that they once used to cherish so. There is hope out there, all you have to do is to be willing to work at it. Things in life aren't supposed to be easy, they have to be challenging. How else can you really appreciate what you have if things have been handed to you? That is why Josh and I really are grateful for what we have and how far we have come. Three kids, a home, an eternal life together.

1 comment:

EvaMarieva said...

Wow 9 years! It is crazy to see how much time flies and I have enjoyed seeing you and Josh grow together and teh love you share!