Monday, February 16, 2009

Having fun on my day off!

Click to play President's Day 2009
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook


Today I had made plans with my new friend Hilary to go out and do something with the kids. I had told Hilary that in my last ward I never did anything with the young moms because I was always working. So they formed groups to take their kids out and do stuff and I always felt left out because of work. So Hilary suggested that we do something on one of my days off.

So today is a federal holiday and unlike popular belief I did NOT get last Thursday off, only President's Day. So we decided to do something. We thought about going to the park but with all the rain coming our way it looked more like a no. So Hilary mentioned the playground at the Westminster mall and so I said sure. I had only heard about it once and thought it would be fun for the kids and not be inside the house all day. So we went and all the kids had a blast!

I am really glad that Hilary convinced me to go and can't thank her enough for making me feel like I don't have to miss out because I work. So I'm looking forward to... oh man! The next holiday is Memorial Day! Oh well!

No comments: