Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last day of the year!





So I thought I would post one last blog for the year. So here it goes...

2008 has been an amazing year for us. So many great things have happened. I graduated college in February, then the birth of our first daughter Melody in May, applying to work at the IRS a month after I gave birth, getting hired by the IRS in September then purchasing our first house in November. This year has been one of the greatest since Josh and I have been married.

We weren't thinking of having more kids at the time and the next thing we knew Melody was with us. It was so great to find out that we were having a girl, I just did not want to be disappointed if I found out it was another boy. Don't get me wrong, I love boys, I just wanted a girl to make the numbers more even. If you're outnumbered by the opposite sex than you know exactly what I am talking about.

Starting to work for the government has been a great blessing. I wasn't even looking to work at the IRS and it all just happened by chance. When I started working I didn't even want to leave my beautiful baby girl, it was hard to go back to work but I needed to, so that my Alan and Charlie could go to preschool and be able to enjoy their life a bit more. Alan and Charlie have learned so much. Alan is more than ready for kindergarten and Charlie already can spell and read. Ask him about the word cookie. He'll spell it and he's not even two and a half.

Melody loves to stand and doesn't want to crawl. She wants to walk. Who can blame her? Watching Alan and Charlie playing and running around makes her want to go too. Alan was like that, learned to walk before he learned to crawl.

It's hard to believe that my kids are getting older. Alan will be five this year, Charlie, 3, and Melody, 1. I will be hitting that dreadful 30 mark and Josh will be 31. We're not old, but sometimes it feels like it. I do love when people think I just got out of high school. I don't know what it is, but my family was blessed with youthful genes. Though they are great to have when you're getting older, they are not so great when you're young. I am sure that if I did things where you get carded, they would check mine first. It was hard to convince people that I was older and not younger.

We hope that 2008 has been great for you as it has been for us. 2009 will bring it's challenges and hopefully a lot of rewards. For those of you that read this blog, have a great new year, we are definitely looking forward to see what great new things are coming our way. So stay tuned.

No comments: