Thursday, December 25, 2008

Our first Christmas in our new home...

The boys opening their gifts...


Alan playing the new guitar Santa brought to him...
The boys when they went downstairs to see their gifts

Our first Christmas in our new house was more than words can describe. I of course woke up at 6 a.m. Not because the baby was crying but because my body clock is set to wake up at 5:30 a.m. which I guess that means I overslept. So I tried going back to sleep and at 6:30 a.m. Melody woke up. Then by 7 a.m. the boys woke up, so I woke up Josh. So we did the what did Santa get us this year. The boys ran down the stairs to see what gifts they had gotten and it was all so cool. Santa got the boys a couple of guitars and some other things. It was pretty nice. Though the TV had a firelog thing going on, we lit our fireplace and enjoyed the morning together.

A few hours later, my parents along with my brother and sister showed up. They brought the gifts for the kids and even some money for Josh and I. My sister got us some pretty fancy knives and it's kind of perfect because we still haven't found all of ours. The mood was very good, the kids loved having their grandparents over and it was just something memorable. Maybe later this weekend we can have some of Josh's family come over so that we can enjoy it with them as well.

We hope all of you had a wonderful time with your families.

The Davis'

No comments: