Saturday, January 10, 2009

That's my baby!

One thing that Josh and I have noticed lately is how protective Alan and Charlie are of their little baby sister. They are always looking out for her and express their love to her. It's cute because when I go and pick up the boys from school they come to her and say hello. Now, if their classmates want to look at the baby, Alan is always fending them off by saying "that's my baby." Charlie doesn't fend them off but will go and touch her head and block anyone else from touching her. It's really amazing the connection that they have. The boys faces can go from sad to happy once they see her and she can be crying but once she sees her brothers she reaches out to touch them and starts laughing. Melody is one lucky girl and I envy her for it. I am the eldest of three and did not have any siblings to love me as much as Alan and Charlie love her. My siblings and I do get along and love each other but it's really hard when you're the first. Sorry Alan!



Today I noticed that my children are growing so fast that I better not miss it. Alan and I went to a Kindergarten festival for the Long Beach Unified School District. Now we don't live in the district anymore but our school district doesn't have a festival to let parents be aware of the process for enrolling in school. Alan and I saw how we could help him get ready for kindergarten and some of the amazing new things he will learn.

I couldn't help but feel a bit of sadness as this is my first baby and he'll be five this year. He'll be starting kindergarten in a new school with kids he doesn't know. His friends are all going to a Long Beach school and hopefully we can all keep in touch as Alan really does cherish the friendships that he does have at his preschool. In two years, I'll be doing the exact same thing with Charlie and in four with Melody. It's so hard to see Melody and think that Alan was just like that and now he's growing up, talking, walking, and playing.

On a side note, this is one of my favorite Alan pictures. We got him this great outfit and he absolutely loves it. He wants to wear it all the time. He looks like he's ready for a date. Boy, am I going to hate that.

No comments: