Wednesday, December 03, 2008

We're in our new house!

Woo-hoo! After a gruesome seven weeks of escrow we finally moved into our new home. Though it took three weekends to move in all of our stuff, we are finally all moved in. Wish I could say the same for settled in, but soon. Being up in Oakland, CA for my IRS training did not help the move. I learned A LOT of new things but I was basically living the single life and it sucked! I was soooo homesick and I missed my babies.

I was able to make some new friends and we even went to San Francisco one day. We had a blast. Still, it didn't help to see a little boy who was about Alan's age wearing the same sweater, or another little boy who had curls just like my Charlie. Don't get me started with Melody. I have no idea what kind of life I led before my kids, but without them life truly seems empty.

Being in the new house is great! The kids rooms are big and spacious. My room is a true master. I love the closet space too. There's room for us all here. The only thing I can hear from people at church is that we are living in one of the greatest neighborhoods. It feels great to put in our new cars in the garage and know that we do not have to save a car spot (parking at our last place was horrible).

Finally a home of our own!

Unfortunately due to the many boxes in our dining room we were unable to have our first Thanksgiving at our new home. Though we feel a bit sad, we did spend Thanksgiving with my folks and my siblings. This only motivates us to have a lot done before x-mas is here. At least put up the decorations and fire up our new chimney. As soon as I can find my memory stick I will post some pictures. For now though, just picture somewhat of a mess.

Hope all of our friends are having a great holiday!

No comments: