Sunday, June 06, 2010

For Sally...

My sister reminded me today that I have a blog and that the last thing I posted was that I was pregnant and having a boy. So she wanted to know if I was ever going to post anything about our family recent events, and to let you know did I have that baby? Well Sally here goes...


Being pregnant with the fourth was no easy task. I was hospitalized quite a few times due to pre-term labor and it was not pleasant at all. I got steroids, magnesium all things possible to prevent this baby from coming. I was in the hospital and missed Josh's 32nd birthday. I felt really bad as I do not like to miss birthdays. Yet we all understood and the most important thing was to try and keep the baby inside of me as long as possible. I got huge as you can tell from the picture above. The boys kept asking me about their baby brother. It was nice. Melody didn't quite understand.

I was on bedrest, very strict bedrest for the end of the pregnancy. It wasn't easy. I went out on maternity leave a lot earlier than I had wanted to. Once I hit the 37 week mark the doctor said that the bedrest was lifted and I could have the baby. So I started walking. I found out that there was this free easter egg hunt at the OC Fairgrounds. So we went. I walked so much that morning that I started feeling some more contractions. I had been feeling contractions since I went on bedrest in January. They were a bit painful but I thought if I go to the hospital they will send me back home. So Josh and I started joking around, one lady looked at us weird when he said something about having enough time to make it to the hospital. So I held my belly and said yes. She gave us a look and we started laughing. Later I did decide to go to the hospital. So I called my mom and asked her to come and see the kids. I told her no rush. I didn't think I would be having the baby yet, because I didn't feel like it was time. With the other three I knew. So my mom came and when we were on our way I told Josh that we should get something to eat. I was hungry and every time you go to the hospital they don't feed you. So we stopped and ate. We got to the hospital at around 6:30 p.m. then I got into a room at about 7 p.m. They checked me and said I was 4 cm. dilated. The last time I was hospitalized I left there 3 cm. dilated. So they call my doctor and tell him. Because of the previous hospitalizations my doctor said that if I didn't dilate 1 cm. in 1 hour, they would send me home. So they made me walk for an hour. During my walk, to help further the process ( I was so done with this pregnancy) I was even doing squats. After the hour, they checked me and I was at 5 cm. Then it begun. By ten o'clock I was at 7 cm. I begged them to get the anesthesiologist there quick. I was in pain but unlike the past two times I wanted some relief. They did it and within an hour we were at ten. When it was time to start pushing it started to hurt real bad. The thoughts of why didn't I opt for a C-Section went through my head. Then when it really began I couldn't even breathe. They tried putting an oxygen mask and I couldn't even breathe with that on. So after 20 minutes of pushing at 11:18 p.m. 5 hours after I went in, our darling Edward Jonah Davis was born. He weighed 8 lbs. 5 oz. and was 20.5 inches long.

Here's my last baby!

Alan, Charlie and Melody were fascinated with their new baby brother.


So after I had the baby, Josh was honored for being the top accounting student of the year for IMA. IMA is like the AICPA for accountants and it was a great deal. His teachers nominated him as they have all said that he is meant to do great things in this field. It was such an honor and we are all very proud him. He has one year left to get his Bachelor's and one more year after that for his Master's. He is a straight 4.0 GPA student and we couldn't be more proud of him. How does he do it? Especially with a family, full time job, church calling and more? With the love and support from me, his wife.



A month after Edward turned 1 month old, we took him to Disneyland. That's right he'll be spoiled from the beginning. It will be fun to see him later on, chanting with his siblings that he wants to go to the castle, going on the rides, having loads of fun.


Here's my baby, 1 month old!




During all the festivities my baby girl Melody turned two. She is amazing and loves her siblings. She has got a great heart and a great attitude. She loves sweets and just devoured that cupcake! She was just a baby and now she's growing up and wanting to be independent. Well, she's a beautiful daughter and I can't imagine my life without her.



Last but not least, my sister got ENGAGED!!! We are happy and thrilled for her. I love her so much! She is happy and in love and the wedding will be sometime next year. So maybe now my brother will also get the hint and find the love of his life too!
It's amazing, to be grown up and experience all these things. My entire family is blessed and we are thankful for everyone's love and support.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update! I love it and I was shocked to see the picture with me and my new nephew Edward and announcing my engagement.

Anonymous said...

dating fender champ http://loveepicentre.com big boob adult dating
dating a cross dresser [url=http://loveepicentre.com]kids dating quizzes[/url] 50 something dating
free dating site for rich gay [url=http://loveepicentre.com/taketour/]eminem mary carey dating[/url] internet dating [url=http://loveepicentre.com/user/lovevt/]lovevt[/url] couger dating sites ga

Anonymous said...

dating in litchfield county http://loveepicentre.com/contact/ anjaleoni online dating
dating gem razors [url=http://loveepicentre.com/testimonials/]cougar dating ni[/url] punk speed dating
apostolic dating [url=http://loveepicentre.com/testimonials/]wendalls dating[/url] review adult dating sites [url=http://loveepicentre.com/user/Kindlove6209/]Kindlove6209[/url] new free online dating persoanls free

Anonymous said...

latino dating sites http://loveepicentre.com/faq/ absoultly free milf dating sites
uk asian dating sites [url=http://loveepicentre.com]joanna hillman editor dating[/url] hyun bin dating song hye kyo
peter freestone dating [url=http://loveepicentre.com/testimonials/]all free dating websites[/url] dating blacks singles [url=http://loveepicentre.com/user/jconde11/]jconde11[/url] zibambwe free dating